It has not been an easy year, 2020, for all of us, but we can always hope for better things to come. This new year brings us a new hope that we can carry with us throughout everything, even when unexpected things happen. Here are some doable resolutions you can make this year to, at least, make it a little more special.
1. Drink more water. And just take more care of yourself. Your skin will eventually thank you and you will have a generally better health. Water is very important, especially during busy days, and we sometimes just forget it. But this year, try to take note of your water intake. Put on sunblock everyday. Go for a run or fun walks whenever you can. Eat right and mind your general wellness.
2. Save more money. If the pandemic has taught us anything, it would be that saving money for the rainy days is very important. A lot of us panicked because we didn't have much to spend when everyone was panicking about getting more food, medicines and other supplies that were essential during lockdown. This year, save those spare change for later. Try not to spend on nonessential things and your money for what is important.
3. Take breaks. 2020 flew by so fast that we did not get the chance to take breaks. This year, know your limits and when you should stop. Grab some wonderful treats and spoil yourself once in a while.
4. Be kind. You might feel like you have it bad, but some people could be having the worst. And we wouldn't know it, because we do not always know what's happening on the other side of the story. So we have to be more careful with our words and we should keep in mind that everyone deserves the kindness that you think you also deserve.
5. Be more grateful. Stay grateful. No matter what life throws at us, it's important to still be able to appreciate the little things, even when everything seems to be going wrong. Be grateful for the things that happened, even the bad moments. Because without these moments, you will not learn the lessons you know now. Be grateful that you are alive and you were able to overcome all those struggles and heartaches. Believe that everything happens for a reason and that things will turn out okay eventually.