It's always fun to plan a party, but it can also be a headache, especially when things go wrong. But we cannot always make things perfect. There are some common mistakes that people make when planning a party, but you can definitely try to avoid most, if not all, of them! Here are some common mistakes when planning a party that you should avoid:
1. Not making a guest list. This is important, especially when you are planning a bigger party than usual. You have to know the number of people you should expect, as well as how you can handle the seating arrangement. This will also help you out when you only have a limited space for the party.
2. Not deciding on a theme. A theme is important when throwing a party. This gives the party more fun and excitement. You can search for ideas on the internet, or even ask your friends for inspiration. Or... The best choice would be asking the celebrant what they want the theme to be. This way, everybody is happy!
3. Invitations are sent out too early or too late. When you are inviting people over, you should know the best time to send out the invitations. The invitations need to reach your guests at the right time: not too early or too late. If it gets to them too early, then the event could be forgotten. If it's too late, then the guests might not have enough time to plan to attend. The best time would be far enough in advance to guarantee guests won't already be booked, but close enough to the date that they will be looking forward to attending.
4. Not planning ahead. Just so you have everything organized, you need to make a checklist of essentials. List down the things you have to do in advance and the things you need to do right before the event or on the day of the event. You should avoid rushing around last-minute things on the very day of the party so there's less stress for everyone. Find people who can help you out with errands and tasks.
5. Not giving important details to your guests. You have to keep in mind that your guests need to know the important details such as the directions to the location or even just contact details for getting directions. You should also let them know what type of food will be served, just to ensure that no one leaves hungry. If you have a dress code, then that should also be included in the list of details you have to let your guests know.